Monday, December 17, 2012

Lander Vanishing Cream - Review

This was quite a hit during high school and I think it still is. I remember every evening girls would flock to the bathroom to wash their faces and rub on some of this to give their face that cool-as-cucumber look and feel and I can imagine that that has not changed much because I still see them faces almost chalk white because they use too much anyway.

Photobucket




This is one of those product that will never get old and if you use it properly it can be quite beneficial. The formula has changed but the packaging remains the same. The price has gone up a wee bit, but nothing drastic since my days in high school.

Photobucket

I love the new formula and to be honest I have never had any qualms with the packaging. It's your typical glass jar with a stern plastic cover. I find that it is a whole lot softer than it was when I was 17. It is easier to apply and goes on smoother and you do not get that nasty neon pink tinge to your fingers after you use it-that used to irritate me so much, but it doesn't stain anymore (even though it does leave a little pink hue).

Photobucket

It brightens the skin and makes it appear smooth, you can wear it by itself or you can wear in under your foundation-it helps foundation to stay on longer too. It also reduces oiliness and helps the face to look matte. I could be wrong but I think because it is pink it helps to brighten up the complexion a bit allowing a healthy glow to the skin. It is best if you store this in a cool place and avoid storing the entire jar in direct sunlight.

Do you have any vintage product that you like to use?

4 comments:

  1. Where do you get the cream from in the U.S, or online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can get it online, I think you might also be able to get it at target but I'm not sure.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I bought it here in Jamaica at a wholesale :)

      Delete