Saturday, February 9, 2013

Black Opal Haul



I got these at a wholesale in Half Way Tree (Kingston, Jamaica).
I bought the Black Opal Total Coverage concealing foundation in September of last year and I ended up loving it-I wore it everywhere and I did not have any problems with oxidization or excessive oiliness which many persons complained about. I happen to think that Black Opal may work best for a lot of people who live in tropical climates. I do have problem with transfer however and I am still trying to figure out a way to curb that. I also have the Black Opal Oil Blocking Translucent Loose Powder and I happen to like it a lot more now that I did initially (early last year). I think it works extremely well with Black Opal Foundations and may be a good product to have for those with oily skin. I do not think it is a necessity but I think it is good to have.




  1. Black Opal Liquid Foundation - Beautiful Bronze - Light to Medium Coverage - Oil Free - Matte Finish - For All Skin Types.
  2. Black Opal Creme Stick Foundation - Beautiful Bronze - Full Coverage - SPF15 - Velvet Finish - For All Skin Types.
  3. Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder - Dark - Oil Absorbing - Sheer Translucent Finish - For All Skin Types.
  4. Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder - Deep - Oil Absorbing - Sheer Translucent Finish - For All Skin Types.
I love the look and feel of my skin with these. Expect a review because I am fully intent on giving a thorough review.

I am wearing Black Opal creme stick foundation and Black Opal oil blocking powder.


I just could not help myself. I had an itch and I just had to scratch so I bought the two other finishing powders that black opal has available. They were $950 Jamaican dollars each at a wholesale in Half Way Tree. I have not used them as yet but you can fully expect updates because I will post about them and do thorough reviews on each item that I have purchased - link.

I love the texture of the powder and the fact that they have light reflecting particles. I actually bought these two shades because the two other shades were a bit too dark for my skin tone and sometimes when you apply your foundation it is best not to add any more colour-hence why I love the translucent powder so much.



  • Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder - Neutral Light - Oil Absorbing - Sheer Translucent Finish - For All Skin Types.
  • Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder - Medium - Oil Absorbing - Sheer Translucent Finish - For All Skin Types.
They are translucent for the most part but they do all a bit of colour despite the fact that they are not heavily pigmented. They are sheer which mean that they are build-able-so they will show over your foundation so getting the correct shade is very important, but not immensely difficult since there are only four of them.

Review coming soon so be sure to Join my blog using G+.

2 comments:

  1. You have a great blog! I followed. I've been wanting to get into some Black Opal products myself especially those cream foundation sticks!

    Check me out at http://beautythugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, appreciate the support :) I stopped by and I love your banner

      ♥ xx,
      MsV

      Delete