Thursday, March 7, 2013

Black Opal Creme Stick Foundation Beautiful Bronze - Review

These creme stick foundations by black opal are actually raved about. It is after all  a good wear in tropical climates and it is comparatively inexpensive, but then again I am cheap so I feel like it is expensive. I paid $950 for it at a wholesale in Half Way Tree (Kingston, Jamaica). The prices of these usually vary from place to place it came cost up to $1050+ at some places.








It has an SPF of 15 and you get 0.50oz of product which is equal to 14.2g.

I have to give Black Opal props for the packaging since it looks very sleek and feels very sturdy but isn't bulky and is quite a neat fit into a cosmetic pouch or hand bag. It twists up like a lipstick which takes the guess work and the mess out of the application process. You can apply directly to the skin then blend it out with a brush, cosmetic sponge or your fingers. I feel like it is best applied with a damp cosmetic wedge since that illuminates some of the shine caused by the fact that this is a oil based product-which brings me to the point that it may not be ideal for persons with problematic skin types (oily, combination). It may be very commendable for dry skin types since it gives a dewy finish when applied. I suggest however that you moisturize and remove makeup thoroughly after wear so that it does not clog your pores.



with flash

regular indoor 


In comparison to Black Opal Liquid foundation it is not as pigmented and you will have to build it up to full coverage if you have a lot of skin blemishes or hyper-pigmentation. I strongly advise that you dissist in doing so, instead use a finishing powder with enough pigment to set it so that you get better coverage then compliment it with a setting spray so that you skin does not appear unnaturally matte or dry. You can also get better coverage if you apply with a damp cosmetic sponge or beauty blender.

with flash

outdoor natural 

blended out (with flash)

blended out (natural no flash)


I have been told that this product oxidizes and yes it does oxidize (change colour with exposure to heat/sunlight). I have also been told that it transfers a great deal and it does-all of this can be helped by priming with milk of magnesia - link and using a good translucent setting powder to set everything - link.
You can also get it in a shade lighter than your actual shade so that when it oxidizes it is not too dark on your skin (only do this if you have to be in the sun and cannot avoid constant contact with sunlight).

I hope you found this helpful and if you did please share. you can follow me on twitter for updates @beautyanalytic

12 comments:

  1. Great Post .. Great Foundation ... but it irritates my skin :-( .. it looks great on you btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, it does? what foundation do you normally use?

      Delete
  2. Newest follower here! I found your blog through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more :)

    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there, thank you so much for that and for following :)

      Delete
  3. This product looks gorgeous on you, it makes your skin glow. Or maybe your skin is just awesome. Or both. Either way, I'm a new follower over from the Stop Drop Beauty Blog Hop and I can't wait to see more posts.
    I hope you'll stop by and visit my blog as well. :)
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D than you so much. I'm about to visit you now :) Thanks for following.

      Delete
    2. Helloo! I tagged you in a beauty blogger tag. Feel free to participate if you'd like. View it here or at

      www.Hautedare.com

      Delete
    3. definately I'm already there :)

      Delete
  4. Hi babe!

    We found you from I Know All The Words' Blog Hop, and thought we'd tell you how much we love this post! We thought it was very detailed and great how you added in the links to purchase the items as well!


    We're following you on GFC now :)

    xx,
    Sam

    http://samantha--ashley.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome, Imma pay you a visit in a minute :)

      Delete