Friday, May 10, 2013

L'Oreal Revitalift Double Lifting Eye Treatment - Review

I have taken a marked interest in skin care but sadly I never quite stick to my regimen as you can tell by my bad skin and the following photos. I bought this for a pretty penny at my local pharmacy and I was very reluctant because I mean what if it did not work?!



The product boasts instant results with tighter skin in the eye area and even better results after a month of use with reduced wrinkles and firmer lids. It is recommended for daily use night and day and the packaging is pretty clear on the instructions, the ingredients, the innovation and the technology. You get 0.5 fl. oz. which is about 15ml and that is a tiny bit of product but you really only need a tiny little bit.






I like it, I may even love it if...I wasn't so cheap! It works and I make no joke about it and you can fully expect an updated review after the second trial where I will use it for the prescriptive one month to see if my under eye wrinkles are reduced.




In this first trial I sought to test the one minute theory advertised on the packaging. There was a difference in the feel and look of my skin after I applied it. The formula is non-greasy and dries quickly. It is super hydrating as well which is good in any skin care product.




I also think that it would work well for any skin type because it is non-comedogenic which means it will not clog your pores. It is also fragrance free so if you have sensitive skin or allergies this may work for you.



Updated October 2nd, 2013

If you are a follower you may recall my incredulously detailed post above on this subject matter months ago-if you don't that's fine I'll hook you up.

I am back with the second trial update-the four week update to be exact and I am still loving the product so much so that I have incorporated it into my skincare routine.

I continued to use the product however randomly after the first trial but September 1st to 30th I did put it to the test, I did miss a couple days of the trial but because I was using the product prior to September 1st so that will not affect my result or review.

I must emphasize how much I love the fact that this product is hydrating and effectively moisturizes the eye area. I also take full note of how well it firms tissues around the eye helping the overall appearance of the face due to its "pro retinol A" collagen boosting properties. The treatment also encouraged me to take better care of my skin since once I started to see changes in and around the eyes I want to see changes in the rest of my face and now I understand why they recommend a regimen targeting the entire face and neck.



The first two pictures shows the state of my skin prior to the trial (before using L'Oreal Revitalift Eye Treatment for four weeks continuously/habitually).

The second set of pictures shows my skin at the end of the trial before the application of the revitalift eye treatment and the pictures below shows what my eyes look like a minute after I applied the treatment.


How to get rid of dark circles:
There is no miracle serum that will zap dark circles off your face as there is no miracle whip that will cure hyper-pigmentation, but there is somethings you can do to treat and help fade dark circles. I totally recommend this product but it alone will not do the trick.
The known causes of dark under eye circles:
  • sleep deprivation
  • dehydration
  • allergies
  • hereditary (an inescapable unavoidable instance)
Effects of dark under eye circles are considered to be:
  • signs of aging
  • thinning of the skin under the eyes
  • decrease in blood flow to the skin in that area
The known solutions:
  1. Vitamin K - which will work directly on blood vessels and can be found in some foods (beef, chicken liver, broccoli, spinach) as well as supplements that are available for purchase at pharmacies and drug stores.
  2. Retinol - which is what builds collagen in the skin and causes the skin to be firm, smooth and supple keeping a healthy look. Retinol is simply Vitamin A and can be found in a variety of foods like liver, kidney, eggs as well as yellow vegetables and carrots.
I hope this helps and if it did please share it and follow the blog via GFC or bloglovin' for more helpful information like this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really can see a bit of difference. I think I'm going to give it a try, I've been meaning to get more skin products. :)

    Also, I tagged you in the Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag. You can check it out here:http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com/2013/05/seven-deadly-sins-of-beauty-tag.html

    I look forward to seeing your answers!!

    xx
    Danielle aka KalamityJane

    ReplyDelete