Monday, October 26, 2015

PAULA'S CHOICE SKIN CARE HAUL and REVIEW

watch to see my skin before | watch to see my skin after
Disclaimer: I was contacted to do a review for Paula's Choice skin care products. The follow up was a phone call by a member of the PC team who did a skin consult to identify my skin type and skin concerns. This review will be my 100% honest thoughts and opinions. I will share with you my experience and skin care knowledge. I am not an expert but I have studied skin care extensively due to issues I was having with my own skin. This is a sponsored review. I was sent these products to try out and share my thoughts and experiences.


WATCH MY HAUL AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS VIDEO - link



Customer Service: I believe customer service can make or break a company. The lady I spoke with on the phone was very nice and though I had a little trouble where my shipping was concerned she was very patient and equally kind. The persons in chat however seemed very impatient and indifferent and I spoke with two different persons in chat and both of them came off the same way to me.

Shipping and Delivery: I received my package within days. It took just about the time to get to me that the lady on the phone said it would.

Packaging: The order arrived in a USPS box that was tracked and insured with Paula's Choice printed on one side of the box. The box had paper inserts at the bottom to cushion the products inside and paper inserts at the top to prevent damage to the products during shipping, so the box was stuffed and the products were in between all that stuffing.



Paula's Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser 6.4 fl. oz. - this is basically a cleansing lotion, but unlike other cream cleansers that I have used this one actually leaves your face feeling clean. This cleanser will not dry out the skin and I like it so much that I have totally boycott my other cleanser haha...it gives my skin that soft silky hydrated feel and I like that a lot better than a squeaky clean feel that some cleansers give.




Paula's Choice Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner 4 fl. oz. - has a thicker formulation in relation to other toners I've used which were primarily transparent liquid but this has a slight milky appearance and removes traces of makeup, oil, dirt and free radicals that your cleanser or tap water would have left behind. This in comparison to others (safe and except for basic which hazel or hydrogen peroxide) did not dry out or irritate my skin...it made my skin visibly cleaner.




Paula's Choice Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA 1.7 fl. oz. - I have used body lotions and moisturizers that contained Alpha Hydroxy Acid, but this formula is quite new to me. This is marketed as an exfoliate that you leave on the skin, yes you leave it on-there are no micro-granules contained within, no cormeal, no walnut shell no sea salt, no sugar, nothing that would implicitly foster microdermabrasion. It is non-abrasive, it works to remove dead skin cells without the rough stuff. Overtime the AHA ingredient will work to even the skin tone giving you clearer more radiant skin. I actually like this quite a bit in comparison to it's weekly derivative which contains a slightly higher AHA percentage. I find that this evens out my skin tone making my complexion a whole lot brighter. It applies much the same way that a moisturizer does and works far better than a face scrub improving the appearance of dull looking skin.

Paula's Choice Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA 2 fl. oz. - the primary ingredient is glycolic acid which is a alpha hydroxy acid designed to remove the top layers of dead skin cells and increase the thickness of deeper layers in the skin promoting firmness, this results in younger firmer looking skin. I wish they had sent me one of their BHA exfoliate instead of this one. It is a transparent liquid that you are recommended to apply to the skin using a cotton ball/pad you can leave it on the skin or wash it off. My issue with this is it makes my skin feel oily even if I don't apply anything on top. I find that it works best for me when I rinse it off after about 10 - 15 minutes. I can't leave it on overnight because it feels like too much on my skin and dare I go in with a moisturizer on top it breaks me out.




Paula's Choice Resist Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer 2 fl. oz. - broad spectrum SPF 25 is your typical sunscreen but in a lighter formula with added ingredients to supply the skin benefits of an effective daytime moisturizer (since I wouldn't apply sunscreen at night). I typically don't like sunscreen because it gives my skin a white cast but I wear it everyday to protect my skin from the sun and you should too. I use this on my face and neck and I apply makeup on top of it and this will last me throughout the day based on the amount of hours my skin is actually exposed to direct/indirect sunlight.
I have used quite a few sunscreen formulations including those designed for the body whether it be liquid, cream or waterproof and they generally feel super heavy on my skin and while this isn't the lightest formula know to man it is still a bit more bearable in terms of how it feels on my skin.

Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer 1.7 fl. oz. - my favorite moisturizer of life haha...this is what all moisturizers should be and if you've been reading my blog for a long time then you know how I feel about moisturizers that are designed for the face. This is so light on the skin it almost feels like water with a little something extra. It plays well with others so I can use this with the serums and treatments and it still feels good on the skin, it adds the hydration that my skin needs without the excess oils. This as well as the cleanser are my favorite products from the resist line that is designed for all skin types. It does contain retinol so you might want to find out how your skin reacts to retinol if you intend to purchase this and the retinol content would also make the skin more sensitive and susceptible to sunburn so I would recommend using it as a night time moisturizer. I appreciate the addition of the green tea extract and the licorice which boosts the effectiveness and the antioxidant ability of the moisturizer making it a great stand alone product.




Paula's Choice Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum 1 fl. oz. - this is designed for normal/oily/combination skin and it contains hyaluronic acid which is a super hydrator that delivers moisture to the skin causing the skin to look nice and plump and cushiony. This is also one of my favorites with added vitamin C which the skin needs, vitamin C protects the skin from free radicals and repairs/restores the damaged skin cells promoting healthier looking skin. I love this product and find that I reach for this way more in comparison to the Resist Vitamin C treatment which I don't like as much. This formula is light on the skin as well and delivers everything your skin would need from moisturizer so it is also amazing as a stand alone product but for best results I recommend pairing it with the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer.

Paula's Choice Resist Vitamin C Spot Treatment 0.5 fl. oz. - I don't like this product and believe me I have tried to like it but it just feels and looks like silicone on my skin. When I apply my makeup on top it it just makes it look messy. I feel like this just blurs my imperfections and dark spots-doesn't really lighten them. It may be too early to judge it so harshly but I have got to keep it real. In any case I will be back within 28 days with an update so make sure you are following the blog.

Paula's Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment 1fl. oz. - retinol is the best thing to ever happen to my skin. I was introduced to retinol December 2014 and my skin has never been the same since. This particular retinol treatment has a lower percentage than the one I normally use but it should be enough to deliver results. I like the way this is formulated and how it makes the skin look and feel. I use this at nigh time just before bed and I do not recommend it for day time use as it prompts cell turn over (in other words retinol cause surface skin cells to turn over and die at an increased rate, making way for new cell growth underneath) which in turn makes the skin more sensitive and more susceptible to sun burn. This diminishes hyperpigmentation, acne scarring and repairs sun damaged, dull looking skin. It reverses the damage caused by free radicals that can cause the skin to age quite quickly. I strongly recommend this if you have problematic skin, this increases skin elasticity and firmness/thickness since collagen breaks down at a much slower rate with the addition of retinol to the skin making the skin look healthier and more even. I could go on and on about retinol and how it changed my skin forever but I think you've heard enough.

Check out the CLEAR SKIN line if you suffer from Acne and Get $OFF + FREE SHIPPING.

HAVE YOU EVER USED PAULA'S CHOICE PRODUCTS? SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE BELOW!

Overall, I have to commend PC and her team on the packaging of these products. They are packaged in air tight opaque containers that are effective in protecting the sensitive ingredients like retinol and vitamin C that are contained within some of these products (since air and light can break down ingredients like retinol very rapidly) this type of packaging will ensure the shelf life and continued effectiveness of the products.

Overview: A skin care regimen is so designed to help target all skin concerns with different products that are geared towards a specific treatment. Layering skin care is important if not necessary to get beautiful benefits but even more important is potent ingredients that deliver sustainable results. A typical skin care regimen should consist of a cleanser, toner, exfoliate, moisturizer and sun screen. Paula's Choice give you luxury skin care on a budget....WHAT'S YOUR SKIN WORTH!?

GET 20% OFF YOUR ORDER + FREE SHIPPING UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST 2015 USING MY EXCLUSIVE PRIMP CODE PRIMPFALL20




DOWNLOAD THE PRIMP APP AND READ REAL REVIEWS BY REAL WOMEN JUST LIKE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment