Wednesday, March 22, 2017

LIP LOVES








1. beauty treats almond creme lip scrub - I apply this generously to my lips and let it sit for a few minutes and then I sometimes use my fingers or a disposable mascara wand to massage it in and move the finely ground walnut shells around to get rid of the dead skin and whatever else that usually lingers on the lips.

The tiny grains makes the process super easy and they are suspended throughout a balm type lip conditioner business.

I then use a wet wipe or cotton pad to get everything off my lips and sometimes I end up having to rinse my mouth out because of the finely ground walnut shells and the fact that I use way too much product.

I love how smooth this makes my lips feel and it smells pretty good too even if is that artificial almond smell.

At least it has vitamin E.





2. bioaqua natural honey lip balm - this was a sporadic ebay purchase and one of the best ebay purchase if I might add. It cost 99c literally (since shipping is free) and it's freaking fantastic.

It is not just honey coloured-it actually smells like honey and claims to contain natural honey, aloe vera and Hyaluronic Acid, which we know delivers super hydration to the skin.

It feels like your typical balm but it gives a slight sheen to the lips-a healthy look versus that grease monkey, Vaseline, petroleum jelly type deal.
The more you apply the more sheen you get but the comfort level doesn't change and it moisturizes and conditions the lips for a little while.

I wish it had more lasting power but that's easily forgiven since it doesn't just sit on the lips but actually sinks in for a more beneficial effect.

I am going to go get a whole bunch of these when I get done with this one because it makes my lips soft and I love it.






3. mac cosmetics lip conditioner - I have a love hate relationship with this product and I have been trying to use it up but this little tube holds quite a bit of product and the amount you need largely depends on the climate.

Yup, you heard me correct. I tend to malice this lip love in warmer months when it's more of a lip oil than anything else. I still appreciate the effect and my lips seem to drink it in but I prefer the lip jelly type consistency that I experience with it in cooler or even colder months where it stays on the lips a little longer and I don't have to reapply as often.

The smell is typical of most or all MAC lip products and who doesn't love vanilla?!

It gives a juicy healthy look to the lips and actually does condition the lips and this is what makes me incapable of begrudging it a space on the already crowded night stand.

I hate you, but I love you.





4. charming pink cream - another sporadic ebay purchase and in all honesty I'm still feeling it out. It's a baby pink shade and the formula is pretty much the same as a semi thick moisturizer-in fact my husband thinks it's just lotion and it could very well be but I decided to give it a chance and I have been using it for almost a month.

You only need a tups and it dries down to a matte finish on the lips but you have to really massage it in. It feels like a rich lip mask once applied and I love that about it.

I apply it before bed and when I wake up it is mostly always still there-if I haven't had a tasty dream and ingested it.

It has a strong sweet smell and even though it doesn't tend to linger once applied people who are sensitive to fragrance might want to avoid this product all together.

I feel like it really helps to protects my lips and I want to  continue using it to see what else it does. I really like it and I will bring you updates as time goes by.

I find that you can layer this product by applying a little at a time and it makes the lips feel very soft and scary smooth. Over time it does seem to lighten the natural color of your lips so be warned. I decided to stop using it on my lips and instead used it on my elbows, knees and feet. I didn't notice any changes in the colour or texture of my skin and I have used it all up. I guess it really was just a lip lotion as the hubster sumized.

UPDATED APRIL 13TH, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment